Dreaming of Borneo

art quilts

I first showed you this piece back in October here. I also discussed how I made the stamps here.

art quilt

It is long overdue but I have finally got around to finishing it. I am not going to lie to you, I was looking to finish quickly as I had long lost any inspiration regarding the piece, but as I mentioned before it is a piece I use to demonstrate stamping, and as some people seem to turn up at more than one group, I felt I needed to get it off the UFO list.

art quilt

With that frame of mind I decided to print off some scanned images and put them onto fabric and just slap them on. I was doing a test print in paper first to check the alignment, when I decided to just skip printing it onto fabric and make some fabric paper instead. As you can see I stitched the images down with monofilament thread and I was done. 

art quilt

It won't be hanging in any art galleries or on a wall in my home for that matter, but for a sample it does just fine.
Stay tuned for info on fabric paper in case you don't know what I am talking about (and if you can't wait visit Leslies blog, she uses it a lot). Plus I also want to share with you the method I used for the edging on this piece.

art quilting

Comments

  1. Really wonderful piece with the printed paper.
    My son was able to visit there, the last time they went to visit his in laws.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts