Embellished background #2

art quilting

I had initially thought that I was going to use this piece vertically, but the colours and markings reminded me of some small designs tucked away in a C&G sketchbook. 

art quilting

art quilting


art quilting

First some straight line stitching, and then on with the free motion foot.

art quilting

The edge of the foot acts as a guide to get equal distances on the fence posts.

art quilting

I haven't decided how to finish this one off yet. Any suggestions?

art quilting


Comments

  1. It's lovely how something so 'basic' can turn into something beautiful, with a little thought, inspiration and expert sewing - well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did use my machine today, but for straight stitching. I really want to try it for stitch drawing, even if i make a mess. I was thinking it might look nice if you placed it on another piece of felted fabric, a solid and framed it that way.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful piece.
    I'd add something "alive" on it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts