Purple Roses

art quilting
the flash was on when I took this hence the difference in colour to the following pics
I went for a dark grey thread and appliqued in a scrappy style.

art quilting

I would have chosen a stronger contrast to the background had the colours been available in the scrap bag. This was not working for me.

art quilting

I outlined the flowers in black.

art quilting

Then decided that it all the stitching needed to be black to stand out. (Just seen that stray thread. LOL!)

art quilting


I have edged it in green but may go over it in black. Can't decide on that at the moment.

art quilting

And because I have just discovered the Super Macro on my camera, here is a close up.
There's more...

art quilting

Comments

  1. I love your work! and colors are beautiful! :)
    hugs from Russia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, really fun colors and wonderful stitching to embellish with. I am too hot to do anything and i have two air conditioners on, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is just stunning!! you really are such a talent and inspiration to me! I adore your work so much. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...this is just wonderful...this is my favorite color wave...blues and greens. I love it!! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts