Balkan Puzzle Block

quilt block

 Also known as Windblown Star.
If I had done the centre pieces in pink I think it would look like a flower, which gives me an idea as to how I want to stitch it.

quilt block

In doing this I have learnt a new way of doing half square triangles which I like.

quilt block

I took my time and was pleased with how many corners I matched up.
However, I have enough self knowledge to know that I probably wouldn't have enough staying power to do a full quilt with this block.
On to the stitching!
**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide.

Comments

  1. Very pretty. Good job on the points for sure, and of course your fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts