feeling blue...




...because I thought I knew what I was doing with this one because I know this method for HST's so I didn't bother to watch the video and simply copied the picture on the instruction sheet.
This meant that I missed the bit telling me to trim each HST square down to 3 1/2 inches and so have ended up with a block much bigger than the 12 1/2 inches it is meant to be.
One day I will follow my own advice and read ALL the instructions first.

quilt blocks 

Just as well I am not putting this altogether into a quilt eh?
It doesn't really matter for that reason and I do think that with the varying amount of stitching that I plan to do in these blocks, they are all going to come out different sizes anyway.

**This is part of my own personal challenge to create and learn a bit more about traditional quilt blocks while adding my own twist, as described here. I am following the free Block of the Month classes on Craftsy as my guide


...another reason for feeling blue is the lack of light around here making it hard to get decent photos.
Never mind. Only twenty more days to go until the Winter Solstice :D

I am not really feeling blue....just the block.


Comments

  1. I already took this class back when it was new. Loved it. But I so love your interpretations of each block with your beautiful fabrics. I took this class because I wanted to learn to quilt. Not all my blocks came out the right size . . . in fact they are all still sitting in a project box awaiting a trim to make them uniform. And some will probably need an extra border to make them all match. They will be a quilt . . . some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow directions? Pppfffsshhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done that on more than one occasion , who needs instructions . Great block !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts