fabric friday- hand printed fabric

Quilt Routes

I pulled my Gelli Arts Plate yesterday and had a bit of a play. As you can see from the shadows in my photos it was a sunny day, nice enough to say out in my shed all morning :D

Quilt Routes

I usually paint onto white cotton but having recently purchased Lynn Krawczyk's Intentional Printing*, I have followed her example and painted onto coloured cotton.

Quilt Routes

Although I have done lots of printing on fabric before these pieces are definitely influenced by Lynn's work. I have a couple of ideas of what to do with these. Stay tuned to see what I come up with.
*I bought this book on my Kindle. 
Anyone else find they are buying even more art/quilting books now that they can be purchased electronically, for a lot less than for the physical book? I know having a book in your hands is much better but it is so easy and instantaneous (and nobody has to know ;)

Quilt Routes

Comments

Popular Posts