How long...

...does it take to finish an art quilt?

Quilt Routes

By checking back on this blog and on Instagram I can see that I began this one in January!

Quilt Routes

So I have already been working on it for five months, which doesn't sound great.

Quilt Routes

Admittedly I have put it aside to work on other things. I think that is a wise thing to do from time to time. Taking a break can help. Ideas stew in the brain and any issues get sorted, sometimes without even consciously thinking about them.

Quilt Routes

I thought I had almost finished this piece but as soon as I went back to it I knew what else needed to be done. I am hoping to reach the end point very soon though.
How long does it take you to finish a piece? :D

Thanks for reading!

Quilt Routes


Comments

  1. It is a beautiful piece and a lot of beautiful stitch work. I take my time on some pieces, I enjoy the process and thinking about what I will do, as I go.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art quilt is beautiful! I learned to piece blocks in 2012 and just finished that quilt a couple months ago. I also worked on other items during that time, as you have. Unless it's a gift, there's no need to rush. Just enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts