Time for a quilty catch up!

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

Well the Festival of Quilts really went by in a big blur this year. A good blur, but a blur none the less and as such you won't find any photos of favourite quilts here as I just didn't get the time to take any photos . 
What I will say is that for me the stand out exhibitions were the Fine Art Quilt Masters and the Art Textiles: Made in Britain. (You can see a video of their exhibition on their Facebook page.) The winning piece from the Fine Art Quilt Master can be seen here.

It was lovely to meet everyone and it was great to catch up with people that I only ever see at the show. Thank you if you were one of those who came by to say hello or take one of my workshops.*

* if you did take a class with me and you have not received your follow up sheet, it is because your email address bounced back so you need to contact me if you wish to receive it.

A highlight that I have to mention is the fact that Jane La Fazio who said she would come and say hi actually took the time to come to one of my workshops. It was so lovely to actually meet her "in the flesh" after "knowing her online for some time.

What else have I been doing?

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

I was interviewed by Patchwork Professional, a German publication and Cherish was featured on the cover. Such a thrill!

I spent the day with Penarth and District Quilters at their exhibition who I want to give a shout out to as I am an ex member and it was lovely to catch up with them ..again no photos sorry, too busy talking!

Quilt Routes by Deborah O'Hare

Now, I am catching up with four months of Journal Quilts which  have to be finished by the end of the month  DONE :D. Post to follow. 
Plus, I am looking forward to getting on with some serious work over the next few months, only interrupted by my daughters graduation, which gives us one last excuse to visit Cornwall this year, followed by my week in France with Crafty Retreats.
The lovely Phil and Fran have actually booked me for a return visit next July! Details to follow.

Quilt Routes


Comments

Popular Posts